Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Arrest of Oscar Wilde at the Cadogan Hotel




Site of SecondDinner with Sister


Beef tartare tartlets


A totally different Caesar than the formerly legendary tableside version I came here to eat. Extra anchovies if you’re nasty.


Mushroom risotto 


Overpriced martini and Moscow Mule (£22 each ie. $29 ie. $33 thanks to my BoA Travel Rewards card having “no hidden fees” but also using its own made-up exchange rate).

Before this was an early solo dinner at Rabbit, the Chelsea restaurant of Nutbourne Vineyards.



A glowing amber martini with Sacred English dry vermouth, which smells like an old church.



Mushroom Marmite eclair


Goat cheese cornetto with mint. 
A wonderful combination which reminded me of my grandmother’s minted labneh.


Hispi cabbage with anchovy dressing.


Sublime cured ChalkStream heritage trout. Amazing.


Tempura-fried marrow with honey, garlic and goat’s cheese.
I ordered this because I momentarily forgot that “marrow” in the UK is just watery overgrown courgette aka zucchini and not the luxurious butter inside a cow’s femur as I had envisioned.

It was fine- can zucchini ever be more than fine? 


No comments:

Post a Comment