Wednesday, July 26, 2023

For Pete’s Sake

💕 He is here! 💕

On the walk over to my sister’s house to meet my family for the first time, I insisted we stop at Petrossian for the Tsar-cut salmon. I had a very short list of things that I’d eaten so far on this trip that I wanted him to experience too. This was #1.

Caviar vodka for me. While P felt the need to be absolutely sober before meeting my family, I did not share this feeling.



The best salmon ever ever ever.


And a taste of their tarama crème fraîche, made daily in house. 80% tarama- beautifully briny and rich.

Then on to my sister’s place to meet everyone and bond instantly with 25% of the children and 100% of the adults before dinner at Gordon Ramsay Bar & Grill with my parents.



Tarama again. Denser this time, with the texture of hummus.


Beef Wellington for Two, x 2. This is after a couple slices were whisked away to be seared to doneness for my mom and after my dad had already dug into the other one, so I didn’t get a chance to photograph one in its gross entirety. The server had talked us into ordering two Wellingtons after I tried to order just one, knowing they’d be huge and that we didn’t want leftovers.   Shouldn’t have let him. They were huge and not that great. A side of bone marrow gravy helped. 


Tunworth mash. Tunworth is a Hampshire cheese similar to Camembert. This and the regular mash that came with the Wellingtons were both very good. 



Caesar- exactly the same as Bread Street Kitchen’s version.


Mixed greens.


Filet continues to be the least interesting cut of beef, even when wrapped in duxelles and pastry.

It was an awesome night of long-overdue goodness, and I wouldn’t have changed a thing except for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment