Friday, August 4, 2023

Thickly Settled


Had to introduce P to the cranberry almond poppyseed muffin from Cottage Street Bakery.


And their delicious blueberry scone.


Breakfast at Sunbird with my brother and his family. Ordered a bunch of random stuff to share. He had told us about their kimchi egg & cheese sandwich, so I got two of those, not expecting to love it. I loved it. Just the right amount of tang, funk, and mayonnaise.


Golden chicken salad with toasted coconut.


Ricotta toast.


Incredible smashed fingerlings with herb mayo.
How were these so good.


Then we drove to Providence RI for a belated honeymoon at my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world. I have sneaked in a solo meal at Al Forno every time I’ve been on the Cape since I first learned to drive. And bringing Peter here someday was pretty much the only item on my bucket list.



When corn is in season, it’s in everything.
Corn fritters with habanero mayo.


Bruschetta with garlic scape, basil and scallion pesto.
Like listening to a freshly released cover of an overplayed song you’ve heard a million times and never liked, but there it is, and somehow it’s perfect. 


 Clams Al Forno.  



My first and still-favorite-while-imperfect Caesar. 


Grilled shrimp and mushroom salad.


Grilled pizza with corn.


Five cheese pasta with corn, tomatoes and cream.


Mint chocolate ice cream churned to order.


Deep-dish pie with blueberry, nectarine and lime zest.


 

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me, those fingerlings with herb mayo look so good - but Al Forno looks like the best meal of the trip. I feel like I gained some weight - and happiness - just from looking at that pie. Happy belated honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete